You can now save lot of data from your data plan while navigating or getting directions using Google Maps Offline. Recently Google has released new feature "Offline Maps" for their Google Maps Android app.
To make maps available offline you can either,
- Go to Menu-> Make Available Offline.
- Go To Maps -> My Places (Human Icon On Right Top Corner)->New Offline Map.
It will prompt to enter the map name.You can enter a city name for which you are downloading the map.
- Limit on size of the area for which you can download the map.
- You can maximum download a map for a large city area at once.
- One city map takes around 15-20 MBs (Approximately)
- You can store up to 6 maps offline if storage area is available in your phone.
- You can add/remove new offline maps in offline maps section as per your need.
Not bad feature to start with though. Play with it and let me know your experience in comments below.
Try this trick
Type OK Maps into GMaps on iOS or android and it caches the area in view for offline browsing. That's pretty easy now :)
Like my Facebook page www.facebook.com/tricksforandroid and write comments to keep me going.
See you again!!